Pages

The View from My Kitchen

Benvenuti! I hope you enjoy il panorama dalla mia cucina Italiana -- "the view from my Italian kitchen,"-- where I indulge my passion for Italian food and cooking. From here, I share some thoughts and ideas on food, as well as recipes and restaurant reviews, notes on travel, a few garnishes from a lifetime in the entertainment industry, and an occasional rant on life in general..

You can help by becoming a follower. I'd really like to know who you are and what your thoughts are on what I'm doing. Every great leader needs followers and if I am ever to achieve my goal of becoming the next great leader of the Italian culinary world :-) I need followers!

Grazie mille!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Recipe: A Deliciously Easy Pizza Sauce

Fresco Salsa di Pizza Crudo


This recipe for fresh, uncooked pizza sauce is so simple it barely qualifies as a recipe. Yet this is a common sauce used at pizzerias everywhere. Once you make it at home, you'll never buy the stuff in a jar again.

You'll need:

1 (28 oz) can whole, peeled San Marzano tomatoes (Pomodori pelati)
about 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
a pinch of dried basil
a pinch of sugar
salt and pepper, to taste

And here's what you do:

Get a big bowl and puree all the ingredients together. Really. It's that simple. For best results, run the tomatoes through a food mill. This will significantly reduce the amount of seeds in the sauce. But a food processor or an immersion blender will work, too. Then blend in the other ingredients, taste and adjust for seasoning, and you're done.

Use immediately or store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to three days. Can be frozen for up to a month.

Told you it was easy!

Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment