Pages

The View from My Kitchen

Benvenuti! I hope you enjoy il panorama dalla mia cucina Italiana -- "the view from my Italian kitchen,"-- where I indulge my passion for Italian food and cooking. From here, I share some thoughts and ideas on food, as well as recipes and restaurant reviews, notes on travel, a few garnishes from a lifetime in the entertainment industry, and an occasional rant on life in general..

You can help by becoming a follower. I'd really like to know who you are and what your thoughts are on what I'm doing. Every great leader needs followers and if I am ever to achieve my goal of becoming the next great leader of the Italian culinary world :-) I need followers!

Grazie mille!

Friday, March 16, 2012

Hey, Man! You Want a Vasectomy With That Pizza?

I am a great believer that pizza goes with everything and everything goes with pizza. A little salad, a little bruschetta or American garlic bread – especially the cheesy kind – a little wine or a nice, cold beer. What could be better?

How about a vasectomy?

With “March Madness” upon us and a lot of guys looking for a good deal on some gameday pizza, Urology Associates of Cape Cod (Massachusetts) has teamed up with Surf's Up Pizza & Seafood to offer a unique “buy one, get one free” special: purchase one vasectomy at regular price and get a free pizza.

It's a limited time proposition; when the NCAA basketball tournament's over, so is the BOGO deal. But in the meantime, the somewhat insouciant offer is being made in an attempt to raise awareness of the procedure. Evan Cohen, a practice coordinator for the urology group, says most men don't know a lot about vasectomy, which he dubs, “kind of a touchy subject.” “We're trying to make it light,” he says, “so it's easier to talk about.”

And besides, according to Cohen, it takes a day or two of recovery time after the ten-minute surgical procedure. Men are supposed to just kick back and avoid strenuous activity. So laying out on the couch watching basketball on TV and munching pizza is just what the doctor ordered, right?

Historically, the urology practice sees most if it's vasectomy patients in March, kind of a buffer month between the busy winter holidays and the active spring and summer outdoor season. And although vasectomy is definitely a manly affair, Cohen says it's usually women who make the appointments.

Excuse me, I've gotta get the door.

Honey, why is the pizza delivery guy wearing scrubs?”

No comments:

Post a Comment