Pages

The View from My Kitchen

Benvenuti! I hope you enjoy il panorama dalla mia cucina Italiana -- "the view from my Italian kitchen,"-- where I indulge my passion for Italian food and cooking. From here, I share some thoughts and ideas on food, as well as recipes and restaurant reviews, notes on travel, a few garnishes from a lifetime in the entertainment industry, and an occasional rant on life in general..

You can help by becoming a follower. I'd really like to know who you are and what your thoughts are on what I'm doing. Every great leader needs followers and if I am ever to achieve my goal of becoming the next great leader of the Italian culinary world :-) I need followers!

Grazie mille!

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show Update

I'm eagerly anticipating the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show coming to Atlanta the weekend of April 30 through May 1. I attended last year and had an absolute blast.

The Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show is the premiere consumer event in the nation for cooking and entertaining enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels. The show will feature more than 150 exhibitors, live cooking demonstrations by Atlanta's hottest chefs, tasting and entertaining workshops, and interactive programming for kids. Of course, most people flock to the Celebrity Theater for presentations from Food Network stars. Last years celebrities were Bobby Flay, Mario Batali, and Paula Deen. Paula is an absolute hoot in person and she'll be back this year. But I'm most excited about getting to see Giada De Laurentiis, my personal Italian culinary goddess. Seems like everytime she makes an appearance near where I am, I wind up being somewhere else. Like last Spring when she was doing a book signing just down the road. Where was I? I was in Orlando eating at and reviewing Mama Della's. Now, Mama Della's was definitely worth it, but Giada was this close to home! But this time, I've already got my tickets!

And I just got an update the other day informing me that Pat and Gina Neely have been added to the celebrity line-up. What a great opportunity for Food Network fans!

Speaking of fans, people from all over the Southeast travel to this show. I spoke to a lady last year who had driven all the way from South Florida to be there. And it's certainly worth the trip. Besides enjoying the celebrity shows,  I spent way too much money at a number of vendor booths and have patronized several of them online since then. My wife and I were introduced to some new beers and wines at the tasting pavilion and we picked up some interesting tidbits and tips at various other tastings, including olive oil, cheese, chocolate, and even tea.

I realize that many of you are reading this in various places around the world and it would be a little impractical for you to hop a plane over for the show. But for those readers who will be within a few hundred miles of Atlanta on the last weekend in April, you really should get your tickets now.

Check out http://2011atlanta.metrocooking.com/ for all the details. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment