Pages

The View from My Kitchen

Benvenuti! I hope you enjoy il panorama dalla mia cucina Italiana -- "the view from my Italian kitchen,"-- where I indulge my passion for Italian food and cooking. From here, I share some thoughts and ideas on food, as well as recipes and restaurant reviews, notes on travel, a few garnishes from a lifetime in the entertainment industry, and an occasional rant on life in general..

You can help by becoming a follower. I'd really like to know who you are and what your thoughts are on what I'm doing. Every great leader needs followers and if I am ever to achieve my goal of becoming the next great leader of the Italian culinary world :-) I need followers!

Grazie mille!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Recipe: Maple Glazed Carrots

CAROTE CON LA GLASSA DI ACERO
(Maple Glazed Carrots)

3 or 4 carrots, peeled and sliced or about 25 whole baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp B-grade maple syrup
Salt

Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.

Combine butter, water, syrup and salt in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. When butter is melted, mix in carrots and cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cook until most of the liquid evaporates, stirring frequently, approximately 8 minutes. Uncover, stir and cook about 1 minute more.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment